Thursday, November 29, 2012

"Music Without Words"



“Music Without Words”

 “How is it that music can, without words, evoke our laughter,
 our fears, our highest aspirations?”     –   Jane Swan
 Our head is full of words and music. Where do we put it all?  Music is art, words are art . . .we put it out there, and in doing that, what you see is the WHOLE of who we are.  

Vintage sheet music and pages from a vintage book were used in this piece.  A metal skewer is altered to hold silver chains and a silver belt buckle hat. The mannequin head sits on a wooden platform covered in green tissue. 

2 comments:

  1. Rebeca, that is just awesome. I love the way you've added the music notes to this head. Excellent work. Thanks. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I’ve not been around much lately. I finally got my head out of my basement so I could visit! I have looked everywhere for those heads and can't find a single one that people are willing to share. Seems they make good hat racks or some such nonsense.

    Your latest assemblage is gorgeous. I adore how you justified the piece, too. Sometimes the words are as important as the art. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete