Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Smalls

"High Five"


"Low Five"●                       "Hand Up" ●

"Leg Up"

"Heads Up" ●

This past summer, I, along with about 150 other artists in Sonoma County, participated in an annual Open Studios event.

 It was a first for me, and although it was a lot of fun, and I sold several pieces of my work, I have to say, it was a lot work getting ready for it and at the end of each of the 4 days we were open, I was exhausted. But I met some new friends, and saw some old ones, and all in all it was a good success.

In preparing for the event, I made several new art pieces, some have already been posted on this blog, you can see them here, here, here and here.  There are a few others that haven't been posted yet, as I am still trying to play catch-up.

The pieces shown here are small assemblages I made especially for the show.  I actually made a total of 10 smalls, but with everything going on before the event, I failed to photograph them, and a few were sold on the first day of open studios.

So this is all I can show you from this series.  Ceramic doll hands, legs and heads are mounted on to scrap pieces of wood covered in papers and tissues.  A few embellishments were added just or fun.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks Sue.
      i am busy making more for the holidays.

      Delete
  2. c'est le pied!!!! la main tu l'as faite en pensant à moi? biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being a part of your first open studio event! And these smalls are wonderful. You know how much I like hands!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by Seth.
      open studios, great fun. lots of work.

      ps: yes i do know that.

      Delete
  4. Very creative doll-part recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these smalls a lot - especially the "leg up" - simple but provocative!

    ReplyDelete