Thursday, August 7, 2014

Dance Little Dice Man



 
"Dance Little Dice Man"
A few months ago, I put together an art piece titled "Snake Eyes" using 165 dice, contained under glass between 2 wooden frames. What I really loved about the piece was how the dice moved "freely" within the glass, reminding me of snakes.

"Snake Eyes" sold shortly after it arrived in the gallery, so I wanted to make a second piece using the same concept.

This is "Dance Little Dice Man", titled that because of its diminutive size: only 88 dice.

In this piece, the dice are enclosed inside a wooden box lid with a glass front. The holder is made out of scrap wood pieces and covered in magazine images of people who might be dancing. The dice box is meant to be picked up and played with, for hours of fun.

This piece is also sold.  I think it's time to make a third one . . . what do you think?

8 comments:

  1. I love these! so creative and inter-active - I think you are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great Rebeca. Congrats on the sales. It's a wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO creative. I absolutely adore how your art can be picked up, inspected, and played with. That is what is so clever about your works. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! yes, if the first 2 sold, make more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this. And for the next one, I'd take just one of the dice and decoupage a little face (or a bird) on each facet. Okay, nevermind, that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so much fun and so creative. I'm not surprised that you sold it already and I do think it's time for more Thanks so much for sharing at the Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete