Sunday, April 4, 2010

"Daddy Long Legs"


"Daddy Long Legs"
This assemblage is constructed with remnant 2x2 pieces of lumber from a recent remodel. Each piece is covered with vintage sheet music, maps, dictionary pages and magazine images. It is topped with a beautiful piece of driftwood found on the northern California coast. I used wooden dice for feet, and embellished the piece with various found objects including a large brass drawer pull. On the backside, the piece is seemingly held together with two vintage folding carpenter rulers.  I love the way the blocks fit together anyway you turn them, each one becoming an art piece on its own, and when they come together they tell a whole story.  IN PRIVATE COLLECTION   

8 comments:

  1. Hi Rebeca, I've enjoyed browsing through your blog this morning. This piece intrigues me. Love the wrapped pieces and the vintage rulers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing vintage rulers always reminds me of my Grandfather who loved carpentry. Love this assemblage. Thanks so much for your blog visit, it led me to your awesome site! Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you stopped by yesterday, i love to have company! i am also glad i was able to track back and find your marvelous art pieces. i find this one so intriguing because everytime i look at it, well i see something i missed. that's what i call ART!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this--just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your style, and all of the pieces I've looked at this morning. Reminds me of Cornell's "boxes" and all the life within.
    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing. This is such a cool and unique piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks All!
    I appreciate and love reading your comments, thank you for your encouragememt. This is/was one of my favorites ... at the show opening a couple of weeks ago in Healdsburg, this piece was the first to go ... but i am working on a new one, (HA! - the remodel is still going on) I will post pics soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this piece - it's totally my style of vintage love!!

    ReplyDelete