Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Home Bird" and "Home Camel"


 "Home Bird" and "Home Camel"
These 2 smalls were made using tiny wooden boxes I found at the flea market.  I have never worked in such a small format before, and besides the obvious challenges, I must say, I love the results.
     "Home Bird" is contained inside a tiny mahogany box (3"x3"). The hand carved embellishment is the roof of a vintage cuckoo clock I took apart last summer (see Edna). A small ceramic bird sits a top an amber colored crystal, while looking over the metal house in the corner. A brass bell on the side adds interest and noise.
    "Home Camel" this mahogany box (2" x 4") is embellished with wooden wings and a brass bell on the outside.  Inside the box, a tiny camel patiently waits by the house ready for flight.
     Both are ready to hang. (click on any image to enlarge)

4 comments:

  1. comme un trophée de chasse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Rebeca! Would you consider guest-starring on my blog sometime?
    Paula at Mixed Media Manic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these. And looking enviously at your wooden wings.

    ReplyDelete