Wednesday, November 21, 2012

"Blaze" the Carousel Horse



"Blaze"the Carousel Horse
I think it was Dale Carnegie who said
“One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy 
is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.” 
Not true for this horse.  Blaze is ‘ablaze’ with bits and bling.  
 If you don’t dress to impress, why dress at all? 
Wooden carousel horse 15" tall, covered in several layers of papers and embellished with new and vintage buttons, bells, bits, bling, and other hardware.  The wooden base is covered with a piece of copper and lined with perforated Erector Set strips over the copper sheet.  Topping the carousel bar is a vintage glass dreidel. 

Oh yes, and the name . . .  is a horse from a Sherlock Holmes short story. . . . 

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome. You've done a great job.In fact I have a horse I made out of wood that I started a while back and embellishing is such a great idea. How fun. A carousel would be awesome too. :) Thanks. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a thing for rocking and carousel horses. This one is a true beauty. Makes me want to find a hobby horse and give it bling so it can impress yours. Love what you've done here.

    Sorry I've been MIA from visiting, even after you were good enough to change your comments. Out of town guests have taken over my time.

    I hope you and your family have a joyous and SAFE Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing piece, so creative and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to pay homage to Blaze. Nothing as spectacular as Blaze and a lousy camera that takes rotten photos, but my first ever piece that imitates your art. Hope you will give it a peek.

    ReplyDelete