Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Declined"



"Declined"
Ever have one of those days, when no matter how much you try to do the right thing, nothing turns out the way you planned? The look in lil' Devil's eye got me thinking he had a lot of explaining to do and it had better be good!

Wooden cigar box stained in bright yellow on the outside, and covered in hand made paper on the inside, contains a little red devil, suspended in pearls and wearing what appear to be wings.  He is ascending slightly above the wildlife, and looking a little worried.  The deer and the horse stand on a glass platform,  marbles and other bits float underneath. The box has a glass lid, held in place with wooden chop sticks. (click on image to enlarge)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I just love that little devil, he does a mischievous air about him. Love your boxes, they are so interesting and I find something new when I pop back to look again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrap booking (or scrapping) is the creative art of taking books with blank pages and adding photos, memorabilia, journaling, and embellishments. The primary purpose of scrapbooking is to preserve memories for future generations, but a secondary purpose often is to exercise your creativity as you display your memories in a scrapbook. Well, that's the definition but it describes it quite well. Most people do it in 12 x 12 albums but I prefer to make my own mini books from scratch and they cover a variety of subjects from family and friends to hobbies and my pet cats. I would love to be able to make your boxes... I have always had a thing for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I like the "Suite Jesus" my daughter just sent me a vintage red devil button I have been trying to decide what to do with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I love the wine tasting : )

    ReplyDelete