Thursday, July 5, 2012

"Muse's Museum"



"The Muse", "Don Door Knob", "Mr. Puzzle Wood", "Secret Tea-Ball", 
"Kaleidoscope", "Magnet Man", "Shake It-Don't Break It", "Love Letters"

 "The Muse"
"Muse's Museum"
I adore interactive art pieces.  I love being able to touch, hold, and play with the parts and pieces that amuse and bemuse.  This piece is an assemblage that begs you to hold and touch and play.

A vintage oak file box, fitted with parts of a wooden spice rack tower, and covered in green tissues and overlaid with sewing pattern tissue.  The 8 slots are filled with unrelated items that are interactive and hold secrets of their own. A harlequin doll head filled with glass beads and sealed with a glass stopper, a vintage wooden door knob, a wooden puzzle, and a tea ball with a surprise inside.
Next in line are a kids' kaleidoscope, a strong magnet and ball bearings, a wooden shaker and a small jar full of "love letters".
 A vintage fishing lure hangs on the lid - when you pull the lure it will gyrates as it retrieves.

The fun is in the viewer's imagination . . .  what do you see?

5 comments:

  1. boite à trésor.. et un vert mystère.. beau!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It is a treasure and very mysterious. Very nicely done Rebeca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it very much. At first disparate objects, but they all invite exploration and imagination. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the most creative imagination. This assemblage is amazing and so imaginative. I love how you have taken all these pieces and turned them into something anyone would love. I also like how you covered the box, too.

    Sorry I haven't been around. After a computer meltdown, I went away for several days. I have a lot of catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see a Montessori type experience for adults!

    ReplyDelete