Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Do Better . . .

"Do Better"
A couple of weeks ago, I posted a piece, titled "Do The Best You Can" on this blog.
I was working on it during my 'open studios' weekend, and one of my early visitors said, "please call me when this is finished, I want to buy this piece to hang in my office . . ." 

Well, wouldn't you know, on the last day of open studios, another visitor fell in love with the then finished piece and bought it. So the following week, I got busy and made a new one for the first customer.  (she said she like the color purple, so I used more purple colors on her piece).

Then, I decided to make a third piece to hang at the gallery.  Here are all 3. All are similar, but each is one of a kind. 

The quote, by Maya Angelou: 
"Do the best you can (un)til you know better, then when you know better, do better."

"Do Better" ●


"Til You Know" 

"Do The Best You Can" ●
1" thick piece of oak butcher block covered in bits of text, images and tissues is the substrate for these. Scrabble tiles framed in wood spell out the Maya Angelou quote. A vintage wooden hanger tops each piece and a metal embellishment finishes each one.

4 comments:

  1. bravo.. une petite production .. vu le succès! bises

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the life of me, I've had the hardest time trying to leave a comment. I like how you changed each a bit, yet kept them similar. I have NO idea where you get all those scrabble tiles, but I can't find them in my area. I love what you do with yours, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's clever! I like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful set! I really like them all, but I think the second is my favorite, I'm partial to the natural wood. It's a great quote, too.

    ReplyDelete