Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Smalls

"High Five"


"Low Five"                       "Hand Up"

"Leg Up"

"Heads Up"

This past summer, I, along with about 150 other artists in Sonoma County, participated in an annual Open Studios event.

 It was a first for me, and although it was a lot of fun, and I sold several pieces of my work, I have to say, it was a lot work getting ready for it and at the end of each of the 4 days we were open, I was exhausted. But I met some new friends, and saw some old ones, and all in all it was a good success.

In preparing for the event, I made several new art pieces, some have already been posted on this blog, you can see them here, here, here and here.  There are a few others that haven't been posted yet, as I am still trying to play catch-up.

The pieces shown here are small assemblages I made especially for the show.  I actually made a total of 10 smalls, but with everything going on before the event, I failed to photograph them, and a few were sold on the first day of open studios.

So this is all I can show you from this series.  Ceramic doll hands, legs and heads are mounted on to scrap pieces of wood covered in papers and tissues.  A few embellishments were added just or fun.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks Sue.
      i am busy making more for the holidays.

      Delete
  2. c'est le pied!!!! la main tu l'as faite en pensant à moi? biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being a part of your first open studio event! And these smalls are wonderful. You know how much I like hands!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by Seth.
      open studios, great fun. lots of work.

      ps: yes i do know that.

      Delete
  4. Very creative doll-part recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these smalls a lot - especially the "leg up" - simple but provocative!

    ReplyDelete